Our CCG is committed to meeting the statutory requirements under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) and aim to make as much information as possible freely available on demand. One of the ways in which this is done is by publishing information in a publication scheme.
We strongly encourage you to check our publication scheme and website for the information that you are looking for before you make a request for information. Please be aware that we can refuse a written Freedom of Information Act request if the information is readily available in our publication scheme.
A publication scheme fosters openness in government and increases transparency of what we do, what we spend, our priorities, decisions and policies. It is designed to improve public access to the information we hold and also makes it easier for you to find and obtain the information you need without needing to make a written request.
All public bodies, under the Freedom of Information Act, must regularly produce and maintain a publication scheme. We review our publication scheme frequently to ensure it meets our aims and obligations. Most of the information can be accessed free of charge, however in some cases you may be charged a fee. You can find out when you may be charged a fee by taking a look through our frequently asked questions.
Information available in our publication scheme
There are seven classes of information within a publication scheme for the health sector. These describe our organisation, role, priorities, governance, and how we account for expenditure.
Information not available through our publication scheme may be available on request. Please see our page on making a Freedom of Information or Environmental Information Regulations request for more information.
The classes of information available in our publication scheme are:
- who we are and what we do – information about our CCG such as structure, locations and governance. It includes information on the legal status of our CCG and how to contact us.
- what we spend and how we spend it – financial information on projected and actual income, budgets and expenditure, procurement, tendering and contracts. It also includes information on financial audits of our CCG, accounts and details of allowances and expenses which board members and staff can claim.
- what are our priorities and how are we doing – this class details our strategy, plans and our main priorities as well as how we are performing against our plans and objectives. It also includes details of our audits, inspections and reviews.
- how we make decisions – information on our consultation and decision–making process, decisions made and proposals. It includes formal high-level meetings where key decisions about our services are made and will not include any information of a confidential or personal nature.
- our policies and procedures – current written policies, procedures and protocols, codes of practice, memoranda of understanding, standards of service and complaints procedure. Also included are our policies on equality and diversity, health and safety, information governance, records retention and data protection.
- lists and registers – lists and registers which we are obliged to maintain by law as well as those lists we maintain in conducting our operations.
- the services we offer – advice and news about the services we provide, such as booklets, leaflets and news releases.
Our publication scheme does not include information that we consider to be sensitive, such as certain types of commercial or personal information. We shall review our publication scheme at regular intervals and monitor how it is operating.
Our publication scheme follows the Information Commissioner’s model for public authorities.
For further information on the model publication scheme prepared and approved by the Information Commissioners Office and the definition document for health bodies outlining the types of information we should provide, can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at the following links:
- Information Commissioners Office Guidance – Model Publication Scheme – Generic (opens in a new window)
- Information Commissioners Office Guidance – Definition Document – Health Bodies (opens in a new window)
Most of the information covered by our publication scheme will be made available on our website. If you need information in an alternative format, for example in print, we will do all we reasonably can to help.
A printed copy of our publication scheme can be sent to you free of charge, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to; The Freedom of Information Team, NHS Bradford District and Craven CCG, Scorex House (West), 1, Bolton Road, Bradford BD1 4AS
A note on the structure of our organisation
On 31 March 2020, our previous three CCGs; Airedale, Wharfedale and Craven, Bradford City and Bradford District ceased to exist. On 1 April 2020, our new CCG, Bradford district and Craven CCG was created.
Therefore, some of the information you are looking for may relate to our previous three organisations but has been transferred across to our new CCG, including documents such as policies and procedures and lists and registers which previously applied to all three organisations.
You can find some information which is specific to each previous CCG on our archive page.This includes information such as annual reports and accounts, and expenditure over £25,000 by month.
Further information about publication schemes can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website (opens in a new window).
There is specific guidance of the kind of information the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) would expect a health body in England to publish, this can be found on the ICO website (opens in a new window). This link represents our commitment to publishing information relevant to certain classes.
Feedback and comments
If you would like to provide any feedback or comments on our publication scheme please email email@example.com.
You can also post feedback and comments to: Freedom of Information team, Scorex House (West), 1, Bolton Road, Bradford BD1 4AS.