Healthwatch is an independent organisation that helps people make the most out of their local health and care services.
They aim to:
- listen to the views, opinions and experiences of people,
- share your views with the people who can make change happen,
- help direct people to the most appropriate services available in our area.
There are two branches of Healthwatch that cover our area, Healthwatch Bradford and Healthwatch North Yorkshire. Healthwatch are important partners in the work that we do. They support our work with the public and bring the views of patients and carers into our decision making, including being a part of our Quality Committee and Primary Care Commissioning Committee.
Healthwatch work with us on projects which get your feedback about what you think of health and care services, current projects include:
- Happy, Healthy at Home – Healthwatch want to understand the things that help us stay well and support us to recover when we feel unwell, you find more information about the Happy, Healthy at Home project on the Healthwatch Bradford website (opens in a new window).
- You can find out about previous Healthwatch projects on the Healthwatch Bradford website or the Healthwatch North Yorkshire website.