The NHS in Bradford district and Craven and Public Health England (PHE) are well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases.
The NHS has put in place measures to protect patients, our community and NHS staff while ensuring as many services as possible are available to the public.
Stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading
It is still important to stay at home as much as possible to help stop the spread of coronavirus, Professor John Wright, explains:
You can find the latest information and up to date guidance about coronavirus on the nhs.uk website. This includes information about:
- checking if you or your child have symptoms
- self isolation and treatment if you have symptoms
- testing and tracing
- people at higher risk
- social distancing and changes to everyday life.
What to do if you need medical help
If you need medical help for any reason, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature or a new, continuous cough), use the 111 coronavirus service. Only call NHS 111 if you cannot get help online.
How to stop infection spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with coronavirus:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get back home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
The latest information about coronavirus is available on the NHS website at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus (opens in a new window).
But we are #StillHereToHelp
The NHS, and other health, care and support services are still here to help if you need to see us about an urgent health concern. You can find out more about when to get in touch with your GP practice and how services are working at the moment in this news article.