Patient support line
Our CCG wants to hear what people think about our services so we can use this information to make decisions about the services we commission (buy).
The patient support line is here to help if you have a concern, complaint or compliment about our CCG or a local NHS service.
In the first instance we would advise you to contact the organisation you are complaining about. This gives them an opportunity to resolve your concerns or complaint.
If this does not resolve your issue, contact the patient support line. We will listen to your concerns, give advice and help you understand if there are any other people you need to contact about your issue.
We will acknowledge your complaint or concern within three working days and provide you with a response within a time frame we agree with you.
When we look into your complaint or concern we shall aim to:
- find out what happened so we can explain this to you
- make sure you receive an appropriate response
- make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned
- look at what we can learn from your complaint to ensure we improve local services.
Contacting the patient support line
You can contact the patient support line to discuss your concern, complaint or give a compliment about a local NHS service.
- phone: 01274 237562
- email: email@example.com
- write to: patient support team, NHS Bradford District and Craven CCG, Scorex House (West), 1, Bolton Road, Bradford, BD1 4AS.
Local services you can contact about your concern, complaint or compliment
We would advise you to speak to a member of staff at your GP practice in the first instance. This could be the practice manager, a GP or the person who deals with complaints at your surgery. This will give you, and the practice, the opportunity to sort out any problems and resolve your concerns.
If you do not feel able to contact the practice you can contact NHS England using the contact details below:
NHS England deals with complaints about dentists, pharmacists and opticians, although we would encourage you to speak to the relevant service to discuss your concern, compliant or compliment first.
If you do not feel able to contact your dentist, pharmacist or optician,you can contact NHS England using the contact details below:
Our local NHS Trusts (Airedale NHS Foundation Trust, Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust) have a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) or an advice and complaints Team. They will listen to your concern or complaint and try and resolve them quickly with those involved.
You may wish to contact one of the organisations below if your concerns are about the care and treatment or service they have provided for you.
|Organisation||Telephone / email / website||Address|
|Airedale NHS Foundation Trust (Airedale Hospital)||PALS:
|PALS or complaints department, Airedale NHS Foundation Trust, Airedale General Hospital, Skipton Road, Steeton, Keighley, BD20 6TD|
|Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Bradford Royal Infirmary and St Luke’s Hospital)||PALS:
0500 777717 or
|PALS or the complaints department, Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Duckworth Lane, Bradford, BD9 6RJ|
|Bradford District Care NHS Foundation Trust (community services)||01274 251440
|The advice and complaints department, Bradford Districts Care NHS Foundation Trust, New Mill, Victoria Road, Saltaire, BD18 3LD|
|Yorkshire Ambulance Service (including NHS 111)||0345 122 0535
|Patient relations helpdesk, Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust, Springhill 2, Brindley Way, Wakefield 41 Business Park, Wakefield, WF2 0XQ|
The independent complaints advocacy team
If you need independent help and support with your complaint you can contact the independent complaints advocacy team (ICAT) using the contact details below. ICAT is an independent advocacy service and not part of the NHS.
- website: you can find out more about ICAT on the Bradford Council website (opens in a new window)
- phone: you can phone the the ICAT referral line on 01274 770118.
Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
If you are not satisfied with the final outcome of your complaint you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. Before you do this we would encourage you to discuss your complaint with the organisation who you have complained about so that they can discuss with you anything else they could do to try and resolve your complaint for you.
You can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman in the following ways:
- phone: you can call the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman customer helpline on 0345 015 4033 from 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
- text: you can send a text to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman customer helpline ‘call back’ service: 07624 813 005
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- online: you can complete the online complaints form on the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman website (opens in a new window).
- write to: The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP